La-la-la-la Lavender Essential Oil
Lavender Essential Oil is the Swiss Army Knife of the EOs. If you’re going to be marooned on a deserted island, spend vacation without your luggage, or get Shanghai’ed to, well…Shanghai, this is the stuff to have on you!
My kids know. If they get a minor cut, bee sting, burn, or–heaven help us in Florida–a mosquito bite, I hear a high-pitched holler from across the house, “Mom! Where the Lavender?!”
And boys–it’s not just for girls. Sure if you want to be all macho with the guys while you’re out hunting, or camping, or playing paintball, that’s fine. But let the other turkeys get a limb amputated because they didn’t want to dab a little lavender on the gouge they got from the rusted barbed-wire. Let them enjoy the rapturous kiss of poison ivy because they weren’t man enough to apply to La-la-la-la Lavender at the first sign of trouble.
You think I’m just having fun? Heck, no. (Well, yeah, I am, but it’s still true!)
Here’s a few more Lavender apps for your wellness toolbox (Standards Use: 1-2 drops with or without a carrier oil like olive or almond oil)
- Rub on feet for a calming effect on the body.
- Rub on palms and smooth on pillow to help sleep.
- On bee sting, insect bite, cut, or burn to stop itching, reduce swelling, decrease pain, kill bacteria and/or stop bleeding.
- Mix with carrier oil for relief of eczema, dermatitis, rash, or dry, chapped or sunburned skin or lips.
- To alleviate symptoms of motion sickness, place drop on end of tongue or around naval or behind ears.
- To reduce or minimize scar tissue, massage on and around area.
- Rub 2 – 4 drops over the armpit area to act as a deodorant.
- Rub between your palms and inhale to help alleviate symptoms of hay fever or allergies.
- Rub into the scalp to help eliminate dandruff.
- Drop on a cotton ball and place in linen closet to scent linens and repel moths and insects.
- Place on a damp cloth in dryer to deodorize and freshen laundry.
- Spritz several drops mixed with distilled water on a sunburn to decrease pain.
Remember, I don’t claim to be no doctor (I know that’s a double-negative but it sounds so much better) so make sure you read the disclaimer below.
I am just one La-la-la-la Lavender legator bestowing, bequeathing, and belaboring the point–this stuff rocks!
Disclaimer: This information is for educational purposes only, and is not intended to prescribe, treat, prevent, or diagnose any disease or condition. This information is simply the educational opinion of Every Body Wellness.